Archive for the ‘Green Cleaning’ Category
I believe the previous article was good for you. This time we continue with the rest awesome eco-friendly cleaning tips.
- Kitchen. Kitchen is often one of the most dirty rooms in a house. This is the place where all the food is stored. There possibility of getting the whole place messed up, if you are not careful. Moreover, pest and insects are going to invade your house only because of the spilled food. So make sure the kitchen is always perfectly cleaned. A good advice is to start sweeping the floors from the corners towards the centre. That way you will have all the debris and food spilled in the centre, so you could easily remove it later. Here comes baking soda to help you once again. You can easily clean the counter with baking soda. You could scrub the surfaces by using a damp cloth or a sponge. If the stains are stubborn, I advise you to form a thick paste comprised of baking soda and water. Apply some of the paste, let it sit and then remove it. You could use this practice for cleaning cutting boards, containers, fridges and many more. The hygiene level needs to be very high, especially in the kitchen. You can easily make a natural disinfectant by mixing water, liquid soap and tea tree oil. Just place the solution in a spray bottle and then spray the affected surfaces. Then rub with an old cloth for example.
- Wood floors. As I have already mentioned, you need to clean your floor often. I have adopted the habit of cleaning my floors twice a day – once early in the morning and then later in the night. That way the floors don’t get dirty really fast. Most of the wood floors are really beautiful and add class to your home. However, keeping your wood floors clean is definitely not an easy task. Sometimes you will need professional services. If you are just settling into your new home, I advise you to schedule expert cleaning services in Westminster. They use eco-friendly cleaning tools to make your wood floors sparkling. You can use a solution of vinegar and water. Take a spray bottle and pour equal part warm water and vinegar. Take a mop and sweep around the floors.
- Oven cleaning. Dirty ovens are probably the most awful things to be cleaned. Most of my friends always book experts for cleaning the ovens. The bad thing is that most of the dirty spots require chemical cleaning solutions, which are really harmful for you and your family. A great alternative is to use baking soda and water. Just make a paste by mixing them together, and apply a thin layer on the inside of the oven. It is important to let the paste sit for the night. The next day you will find how easy the grime is removed.
I hope you liked the eco-friendly cleaning techniques shown in this, and also the previous, article. It is really important to make you place more healhy.
- Vinegar. This is probably one of the best cleaning solutions you can find at home. Vinegar has many advantages. Not only it is a delicious addition to a various range of salads, but also can be used successfully for removing many kinds of stains. Another great advantage of vinegar is that I can successfully absorb many different odours. For example, if you are cooking fish, don’t forget to place some vinegar in a bowl in the kitchen. You can even pour some vinegar when making your floor cleaning solution. That way definitely will get rid of home odours.
- Baking soda. Baking soda is another one really helpful eco-friendly cleaning solution. Like vinegar, baking soda can also be found at home. Moreover, it can be used to clean a wide range of surfaces. If your old carpets are smelly, you can use some baking soda to remove the odours. Just sprinkle some of the powder over the carpet and let it sit for at least half an hour. Baking soda can be used for cleaning your bathroom too. As you may know, drains need to be maintained monthly. Just pour some baking soda and the add hot water. Remember to clean your bathroom at least twice in a month.
- Tiles. Tiles can easily be cleaned and disinfected without using dangerous chemical products like bleach. Instead you could successfully use baking soda for cleaning the tiles. I advise you to use a sponge for scrubbing tiles. Another helpful green cleaning technique is to use lemon juice for removing mould and mildew. If you have no lemons nearby, you can just use some vinegar. Don’t forget to let the citric acid sit, before scrubbing the surface. You can even substitute bleach for disinfecting tiles. I recommend you pour two cups of water, several tablespoons of liquid soap and a few drops of tea tree oil. This solution is really strong, but I advise you to disinfect your tiles often, because, as you know floors are the high traffic areas.
- Windows. It is important to have your windows sparkling clean, because the sunlight can easily access your room. There are a lot of chemical products, which can do the work, but this is not the point here. What we want is to have a clean and healthy windows. However, there are cases, when you simply can’t clean all the windows alone. Then you should definitely call your professional cleaners Wembley to help you. However, for the best windows and mirror cleaning solution you will need white vinegar, water and several pages from the yesterday’s newspaper. First, pour around 3 litres of water in a wash basin. Then add your tablespoons of white vinegar. Add the solution in a spray bottle. Spray the dirty areas. Use the newspaper for scrubbing. That way you prevent streaking. If you are out of vinegar, you can always use lemon juice or club soda.
I hope you’ve liked the first part. See you in the next part.
Many people begin to use professional services for anything in their life, when it needs done. If you can have help when your car breaks down, hire babysitters or a personal tutors, why not get yourself some professional cleaning services, to take care of your home ? There are many different companies, which just like the taxi drivers have the same tasks, but have completely different taxes, principals of work, etc. So, here, I would like to tell you how to pick the best one and at a low price. Read the rest of this entry »
These days going green is a big push. When it comes to cleaning your house most would like to go green, but believe to achieve effective, clean sanitation, that harsh chemicals are necessary. Well, you are wrong, there is a way to clean your house effectively and go green too. Read the rest of this entry »
Hard water deposits are a very common thing today. It is all because of the water that runs through our city systems. Much of the time it contains dissolved minerals and salts in it (you may check for any taste). Once they end up on a surface and dry, they leave a white residue. This is what hard water or limescale is. Here I will give you several tips for cleaning it. Read the rest of this entry »
The hosepipe ban requires you mostly not to use hoses for watering, washing, etc. So the main place where you are required to be careful is outdoor. In this article, cleaners London will give you a few of the best outdoor water-saving tips. Read the rest of this entry »
If you are not living alone or you are living with a lot of people, you should make sure that everyone is helping in the housecleaning. But if there are some lazy persons around, you should find a way to motivate them and make them help you. Here, professionals working in cleaning London company are going to share with you a few tips and will tell you the best way to motivate a lazy person to clean. Read the rest of this entry »
Whether a simple fad or not, the truth is that nowadays more and more people speak about natural or “green” style of living. This is one of the ways to conserve and protect our planet. Here are some simple, but useful steps showing how to keep our environment safe and healthy.
Do your food shopping from local farm markets. Prefer eating local and seasonable fruits and vegetables. Buy goods in bulk, then portion them out in smaller containers; look for packages which could be recycled. Read the rest of this entry »
If you have just bough a brand new dry-vacuum cleaner and you just cannot wait to test it, then do not hurry too much, but read this article to find out 4 top uses for this machine. Read the rest of this entry »
If you want to save some money on window cleaning supplies, then making your own window cleaner would be a good choice because the ingredients are inexpensive household items that can be found in most kitchens. Unlike the commercial window cleaning solutions that contain harsh chemicals, homemade cleaners are safe to the environment and your health. By making your own “green” window cleaner, you save money and keep any harmful chemicals away from your home and your family. Read the rest of this entry »
- Bolden Your Statement – Use White Shaggy Rugs
- How to Take Care of Rattan Furniture
- Forget The Carpets – Get Hardwood Flooring
- How to Clean a Fish Pond for the Summer
- How to Avoid Mould Growth
- Budget Decorating
- Carpet and Floor Care
- Decorating Tips
- End of Tenancy Cleaning
- Genaral Cleaning
- Green Cleaning
- Home Décor & Style
- Kitchen Cleaning
- Pro Cleaning Tips
- Stain Removal
- Travelling Tips
- Upholstery Cleaning